IT'S A GAME OF THE HEART, MIND, BODY, & SOUL
IT'S A GAME DESIGNED TO BREAK YOUR HEART.
NO MATTER THE AGE, IT BRINGS OUT THE JOY OF A LITTLE BOY
- GREAT ATTITUDE - Love the game; Want the ball
- GREAT AGGRESSIVENESS - Lay Out; Get Dirty; Take the Extra Base; Charge The Ball; Good pitch - Take A Rip
- GREAT ANTICIPATION - Stay a Pitch/Play Ahead
- Listen to the Coach
- Lay Out - Be Aggressive
- Love the Game- Give It All You Got & It Will Give back too
- The Umpire: We Can't Play without Them; Put yourself in their shoes; They are out there because they love the game too
- The Other Team: We can't play without them
- The Equipment: We can't play without it. It's not the helmet's fault
NAME OF THE GAME!!!!
-Stay Ahead in the Count as a Hitter
-Stay Ahead in the Count as a Pitcher
- Don't Move Your Head
- Don't Be on Your Heels
- Got to keep your hands back
- Top Hand Drive
- Turn the Hips
- Twist the Feet
MOST IMPORTANT POINT IN HITTING!!!! Watch the Ball - Release, Rotation , Location
CHIN POSITION - Front Shoulder to Back Shoulder
MOST EXCITING HIT IS A TRIPLE - Hustle, Speed, Power
Finish the Swing- Stay on the Diving Board (Balance) & Pose for Sport's Illustrated
- More desire than skill
- Catch the ball with the barrel
- Belly to the pitcher
- Cushion the catch
- Bat in the eyes
- Don't move the bat; bend the knees
5 T's of PITCHING
Take The Time To Tuck
- Grip the handles: the laces
- Pressure point - fingertips
- Extension out the front, Extension out the back
- Keep front side closed
- Palms down
- 3 P's - Push Pull Pop
- You throw with your feet; Good crowhop makes your arm stronger
- Remember: Front side is your gunsite, Back side is your power
If playing up (corner infielders) - feet square
If back (middle infield's & OF's) - Play Deep and Creep
Alligator mouth; glove open to hitter
- Throwing Hand
- Bill of cap
Above waist - thumbs in
Below waist - thumbs out
- Look for candy -easiest way to catch a ground ball is in the air.
- Charge it; 1st possible bounce.
- Extend arms; catch ball out in front.
- Be an alligator; eat the ball.
- Cushion the catch; stab your throwing side.
- As you make the catch, throwing foot is back; allows for crowhop step.
- Get your face behind the ball.
- Be moving forward on the catch.