[CS3194-list] GRE Study/Lecture sessions

Travis Jones travis.jones at trinity.edu
Thu Mar 25 20:17:09 CST 2004

Attention all Juniors,

This is just a reminder/inquiry to determine the interest in the GRE
Study/Lecture sessions I mentioned on Wednesday.

If you weren't there, or you've forgotten, or wasn't listening in the
first place, ACM is attempting to host study sessions for the Computer
Science GRE Subject Test.  This is massively important if you have any
thought whatsoever that you might want to go to grad school.
Our CS curriculum is very good at preparing us for the GRE and grad
school, but only half of the content of the exam is actually covered by
our mandatory CS major classes.  I've gotten the impression that many
people aren't well prepared for much of the exam due to a lack of
exposure to the other half of the material.
Hence, to better prepare future graduating students, ACM wants to hold
these study sessions.

I need anybody who's interested in attending these sessions to give me
suggestions on when to host it.  I can come up with a schedule on my
own, but I'd rather get input from students first.  Please e-mail me at
tjones at trinity.edu and let me know what you think a good meeting time
would be.

Thank you,
- Travis Jones